1. Before you ask anything, make sure that you've read the FAQ

my friend is trying to run zerahypt, won't work.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Terminator_722, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Terminator_722

Terminator_722 Veteran Member

my friend downloaded zerahypt and their PC seems incapable of running it. it has 8gb of ram and a 2.5ghz processor. (it also has no external GPU).

not really sure anyone is going to care, but... there ya go. i said i'd create this thread and i did.

2. GSungazer

GSungazer Well-Known Member

I guess you meant a dedicated GPU, it's trying to run with Intel HD graphics? that's no good, he should try with the minimum graphics

Which version of Windows is he using?

Did he try reinstalling the game? Files may have been corrupted during download, he should uninstall the game and download it all over again

3. FonkDerok

FonkDerok Insane Furfag in a Position of Power

• Mod
    even with integrated graphics, though, 8gb of ram should be fine. I've only got 6 and I can mostly play it on high quality, and easily play it on low

maybe the cpu? im no tech wiz but i figure multiple cores would help

4. Terminator_722

it's a 4 core CPU, which seems like it should be adequate.
    maybe sungazer is right? i'm working with a mobile hotspot device and it took 10 whole seconds to even load this site. so... i guess it's possible the files were corrupted.

5. GSungazer

Woah, yeah, that increases the chances of missing data exponentially

Also, ram is like, nearly absolutely unrelated, you may as well need just 2GB, textures would actually be in graphics memory which is... well, no, it'd be pretty much the same since integrated graphics most likely uses shared graphics memory which is a sin, but even if it wasn't enough it wouldn't cause the game to crash, it'd just be a serious case of thrashing (shit going insanely slow since it needs to unload data to reload it again), so it's either a corrupted game, incompatible graphic drivers, or the IGP simply isn't capable to run it, also, don't forget integrated graphics range from absolutely useless past 2D or "just enough to play 3D games" (which still sucks to play anything past minimum)

In other words, if reinstalling the game doesn't work try also updating graphics drivers, if neither of those things work then hope is nig

Also, I doubt it'd be the processor, I've seen 2-core garbage 1.0 Ghz processors doing some crazy shit, as long as it's not 32bits he'd have no compatibility issues, and I'd guess Zerahypt is 32bit compatible either way since such issue hasn't been brought before

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  6. Terminator_722

i actually found the problem, his antivirus (norton) is deleting one of the files that it considers to be malicious.

7. GSungazer

Aaaand, that's why I haven't used any other antivirus than the one default to the OS

Ok, it was a corrupted install after all, it just wasn't due to internet but because of bad antivirus

btw, you should, like, delete the antivirus, it's BAD, activate Windows Defender and be happy, if you ever get a virus there ain't no antivirus helping you either way

FonkDerok likes this.